The Student News Site of Castaic High School

The Daily Howl

Breaking News

The Daily Howl

The Daily Howl

Polls

Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Castaic Theater Open Auditions

castaic_coyote_theatre on Instagram
Theater 3 students rehearsing for last year’s fall play – Nov. 3 2022

As the new school year begins, Castaic begins to kickstart the multiple opportunities the school has to offer. Our theater program is no exception. On August 30, from 3 to 5 p.m., our theater program is holding open auditions for anyone interested in acting in Castaic Theater’s production of Almost Maine. Whether you are in a theater class or not, everyone is welcome to audition.

Almost Maine is a romantic comedy comprised of 10 vignettes exploring “human relationships and love,” as stated by Castaic theater director Mrs. Moss-Layman.

Mrs. Moss-Layman is thrilled to open the fall play up to everyone willing to be part of the team. She expresses that theater is a “very active, family-type environment” where everyone can work together to make everything happen. 

Olivia Upton, a theater student at Castaic, shares that “theater is more than just an after-school activity or class. It’s about forming bonds and relationships.”

So, if you are looking for involvement in the school community, theater is a great place to start.

Senior Brady Price is one of the many Castaic students hoping to place a role in Almost Maine as a chance to do something different for his last year.

“With open auditions being more accessible to everyone and more talked about, as a choir singer, the chance to perform some more before I graduate sounded like something I would like to take part in.”

The auditioning process starts roughly a week before the official date. Those interested will speak to Mrs. Moss-Layman in advance to collect the material for memorization. Students will then meet in the Performing Arts Center for their audition after school on August 30th.

“Everyone is so supportive, and there’s so much love in the group,” Upton reveals, “being in this class is just an overall amazing experience.”