The Student News Site of Castaic High School

The Daily Howl

Breaking News

The Daily Howl

The Daily Howl

Navigating the Latest Beauty Trends: A Blend of Old and New

Shutterstock

Beauty is a word that means something different for everyone and that in itself is beautiful. Although it’s the inside that counts, it’s always fun to experiment with what’s on the outside. 

Hairstyles range from voluminous curls all the way to intricate braids and protective styles. One thing I notice specifically are hairstyles with layers such as simple face framing, long bangs, and long layers. My favorite hairstyles are effortless, smooth curls with face framing because it’s a style almost everyone can pull off. Not to mention, it looks clean and simple.

Nothing is a better confidence boost than a good haircut. I have had straight hair my whole life until a few years back when I cut layers into my hair and curled it. That is when I really fell in love with experimenting with my hair and I finally found something that reflected my personality. 

You know what goes great with cute hair? Makeup that is equally as thought out! It doesn’t matter the amount, or if you choose to wear any at all, but instead doing what you like because feeling good in your own skin is something everyone should experience. 

Makeup is supposed to be fun, experimental, and enhance your natural beauty, not to cover up the features that make you yourself. 

The makeup products I recommend for just an extra boost of confidence are mascara, tinted chapstick, a peachy blush, and for a little more coverage, foundation. However, if you choose to wear foundation, please, please, please wear the right shade… there is nothing worse than the color of your face not matching your neck and pretty much the rest of your body. 

In order to achieve makeup that compliments you, taking care of your skin is vital. A good face wash and moisturizer should do the trick. There are many different skin types so it’s important to do your research and find out what works best for you. 

The meaning of beauty is tailored and changed to fit everyone. Do what makes you truly feel beautiful and happy, despite the recent trends. Something as simple as wearing your favorite perfume or trying out a new hairstyle can be so much fun and can brighten your day just a little more.