The Student News Site of Castaic High School

The Daily Howl

Breaking News

The Daily Howl

The Daily Howl

Polls

Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spring Fashion

Freshman+Dylan+Silvera+
Alexis Candiani
Freshman Dylan Silvera

The 2024 school year has come with many changes in spring clothing, with versatile outfits for cold mornings and hot afternoons. The overcast mornings call for comfy hoodies and pull-overs, while anywhere after second period is perfect t-shirt and tank top weather. 

As far as the weather goes, the perfect outfit for spring is a good pair of jeans with a cardigan or a sweater over a stylish top. However, mixing and matching to find the right balance between practicality and incorporating your style can be challenging

Earthy tones and neutrals not only match the season but are super fashionable at the moment. A style that seems to be popular on social media is the sleek “old money” look. This classy and seamless style consists of navy blue sweaters and nice dress pants mixed with a combination of neutrals and minimalistic jewelry pieces. 

Glamour Spring Fashion 2024

Biology and Anatomy teacher Ms. Colman says, “I love it when men wear a nice pair of slacks and a collared shirt and look presentable.” Many teens roll out of bed wearing sweats or PJ pants and go to school wearing precisely that.  

A few months ago, flare pants were all the rage. They are still popular, but many new jeans and pants have been popping up over the last month or two. Algebra teacher Ms. K says, “I’ve seen all kinds of pants that are in. And it’s not just one! There are wide-leg jeans, flare and skinny jeans and even bootcut jeans are in. I love that there’s a bit of everything.” 

Around school, hoodies and baggy pants are everyday outfits. Freshman Dylan Silvera says, “I notice a lot of people wearing Adidas around school.” Comfortable and practical yet stylish footwear is necessary for any school campus to look and feel your best! 

Fashion is a fun way to express your personality and show people who you are. After all, the first impression people get of you is how you present yourself, so do it in a way that makes you feel good.