Categories:

’24-’25 Senior Sunrise

'24-'25 Senior Sunrise

As the morning dawned on Aug. 29, seniors of Castaic High School filled the football field with blankets and cameras to take part in the 2024 Senior Sunrise. 

Senior Sunrise is a popular tradition celebrated by high schools across the US to mark the beginning of students’ senior year. The event started at 5:30 am, providing students with coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts, all catered by LA Donuts.

“It was so fun, the donuts were good and I enjoyed taking pictures with my friends,” said senior Alexis Baker. 

Walker Grubb shared his enjoyment, saying that “it was refreshing to spend time with that many people at once.”

Yet, you can’t have an amazing event without the hard work of ASB. Although, they had a few issues in preparation for the activity. 

“We definitely forgot to do some things for this event,” said ASB Secretary, Rylie Alber. 

Nonetheless, they persevered and the event ended in a complete success, with everyone enjoying the beauty of the sunrise.

“The turnout is really good. I’m really excited to be here,” Alber continues, “Senior year is gonna be really fun cause we have some great things planned.”

Overall, the sunrise truly represents another exciting step closer to many leaving their homes and setting off into the world. However, leaving can always cause mixed emotions and for many, it was a bittersweet experience. 

Nicholas Waldron says, “It’s been an amazing journey. I’ve met a lot of people and I’m sad to know it’s ending.”

Fellow senior Stefanie-Marie Trinnanes felt similar, “I’m pretty excited for the most part, but eventually not seeing everyone every day is going to crush me.”

Kayla Hargrove, on the other hand, is ready to move on to bigger and brighter things. “This really solidified that this is my last year…it’s comforting to know it’s my last year.”

The morning ended remarkably as the students watched the sunset together, creating meaningful memories and hope for the year to come. 

Donate to The Daily Howl
$100
$2000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will go directly to support the student journalists of Castaic High School. Your contribution will allow us to participate in trainings, attend workshops, purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs. Our campaign covers our costs to produce The Daily Howl for an entire year!